Last Updated December 2021
This policy (together with any other forms mentioned within it) gives you information on how we collect, use and protect data collected by/submitted to us.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is The First Dance Company, 72 Tennyson Close, Royston, Herts. SG8 5SZ.
We are following the new Regulations for Data Protection, its use, storage and protection. It is our responsibility to ensure that we follow and train our teaching staff to comply with the correct Policy and instructions given. Each individual teacher bears the responsibility to carry out the training on the procedures they have been given.
We only collect data that is voluntarily given to us. Data is collected through online enquiry forms, emails from potential clients, completed booking forms, telephone conversations, and via emails and advertisements for potential teachers looking for work.
Further data may be collected as required when a client books lessons, during lessons and when a teacher starts working for us.
Data is collected for a various number of purposes:
1) To respond to enquiries requesting our services.
2) To ensure that necessary information can be easily, quickly and efficiently given to the enquirer.
3) To ensure quick and efficient Customer Service.
4) To ensure the Health and Safety of our clients and teachers.
5) To comply with any law that is necessary.
6) To provide teachers with appropriate information in order to be able to effectively carry out their job teaching each individual client.
In order to maintain the Security of your Data, we use appropriate Physical and Electronic safeguards to protect your personal data from loss and unauthorised access, however we cannot guarantee that unauthorised third parties may never overcome those measure, with the Internet being an open system.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. Our site does the same to help us provide you with a good experience when you browse our website and also allows us to improve our site. Details about this and an opt in system will pop up when you first visit the site.
Your data is only held for the following reasons:
1) Client data is only held whilst clients are booking/taking lessons, and is destroyed once the lessons are complete and there are no outstanding fees to be paid, unless required for Legal reasons.
2) Teacher data is only held whilst they are providing teaching services. On leaving, information is destroyed, unless required for legal reasons.
3) Email addresses are not held for newsletters or marketing.
Third Party Websites
We are not held responsible for the Data Security system of any third party website.
You have the right to:
1) See any of the information held by us for you, to change or delete it. Please note that certain information, if deleted, may compromise the booking of lessons with us. Any changes will be implemented within one Calendar month.
2) Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
3)The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.
Changes to our Policy
Sharing Personal Information
We do not use your data for anything else and it will NEVER be passed onto Third Parties, with the following exceptions:
1) To the teacher working with you for your lessons, as required.
2) To medical bodies in case of emergency.
Permission for Video and Photos to be used
Photographs and film footage may be taken of you during lessons to be used in online and offline marketing and publicity. You must actively OPT IN to give us your consent. A separate consent form would be given to you in this case.
Lawful Basis for Processing
All information held will be held for one of these bases: Legitimate, Consensual and Contractual necessity.